Weddings and Civil Partnerships
Howard is dedicated to serving people with no religious beliefs and those who have religious beliefs but who don’t want to be married in a church, synagogue, temple or mosque. All decisions about the content of their ceremonies are made by the couples, in contrast with the practices of religious or registry office authorities. Howard does not come from the standpoint of belief or unbelief. He is a trained celebrant who operates professionally on the principle that couples must have the ceremonies they choose.
Howard’s role is similar to that of an architect who is charged with designing a dream home for a couple who need expert help. In this sense, Howard is not just the one who performs the ceremony, but its facilitator, the couple’s adviser, the resource person, the co-creator of the ceremony, and the rehearsal-director.
What does it cost?
Weddings and civil partnerships within an hour’s travelling time of Billingshurst, West Sussex cost £590, but Howard is willing to travel anywhere! Additional travel or equipment (e.g. hand-fasting ribbons) may be charged but not unless discussed and agreed at an early stage, so there will be no nasty surprises. This is less than it generally costs for a registrar to come out to your venue and, crucially, it frees you from the restrictions registrars have to impose on what you can do and where you can do it.
What will you get for your money?
- An exclusive, guaranteed booking of your wedding day. Howard only conducts one wedding ceremony on any given day, so you can decide when and where you want him.
- An initial, face-to-face meeting to discuss ideas and get the ‘big picture’ of the wedding. This meeting will enable you to decide if Howard is the celebrant for you and is held without obligation. It is also provides an opportunity for Howard to find out about you both: your likes and dislikes, your interests, how you met, what you hope for the future, what makes you laugh…
- A unique wedding ceremony script, written especially for you by Howard, to reflect your love story and all the things he has learned about you. This will be sent to you for your approval or amendment.
- Help writing vows, if you wish.
- Advice on readings, music and other aspects of the wedding itself, if required.
- Howard’s attendance at a wedding rehearsal, if needed.
- Howard’s delivery of your unique wedding ceremony on your big day.