Weddings and Civil Partnerships
We can look upon a wedding ceremony as “a crossroad where two lives intersect.” But, why is a Celebrant-led ceremony the way to go? And why choose me as your Celebrant?
It is regrettable that most people’s experience of civil weddings, conducted by registrars, is of something short, dry, legalistic and soul-less. By contrast, if you’ll allow me, I’ll provide you with a ceremony that will be as individual and romantic as you are. A ceremony that will be honest and authentic and a memory to cherish forever.
The story of two individuals joining their lives, their dreams, their hopes, and their love will lie at the heart of your wedding. As your Celebrant, I will safeguard the vision you have for your ceremony. Without imposing my choices, I will help to bring your stories to life in a ceremony that is reflective of the future you aspire to together.
I should be greatly honoured to help you create a wedding ceremony that tells the past, proclaims the present, and blesses the future.
What will it cost?
For booking confirmed before the end of August, 2019, weddings and civil partnerships within an hour’s travelling time of Billingshurst, West Sussex cost £590, but I am willing to travel anywhere! Additional travel or equipment (e.g. hand-fasting ribbons) may be charged but not unless discussed and agreed at an early stage, so there will be no nasty surprises. This is less than it generally costs for a registrar to come out to your venue and, crucially, it frees you from the restrictions registrars have to impose on what you can do and where you can do it.
What will you get for your money?
- An exclusive, guaranteed booking of your wedding day. I only conduct one wedding ceremony on any given day, so you can decide when and where you want me.
- An initial, face-to-face meeting to discuss ideas and get the ‘big picture’ of the wedding. This meeting will enable you to decide if I am the celebrant for you, and is held without obligation. It also provides me with an opportunity to find out about you both: your likes and dislikes, your interests, how you met, what you hope for the future, what makes you laugh…
- A unique wedding ceremony script, written especially for you, to reflect your love story and all the things I have learned about you. This will be sent to you for your approval or amendment.
- Help writing vows, if you wish.
- Advice on readings, music and other aspects of the wedding itself, if required.
- My attendance at a wedding rehearsal, if needed, to arrange the “choreography” and make sure everyone knows his/her place.
- My delivery of your unique wedding ceremony on your big day.